Here are some pics of when I did some volunteer work for the English Discussion Group. This service is where military people go to the local "schools" and run a discussion group, where we take three suggestions of what they would like to talk about, and the they pick which one they would like to talk about. Then we run the discussion, mostly letting them talk, because the overall point is for them to practice their English.
Of course, they wanted to talk about dating/marrying women/men of a different religion/culture. It is very interesting how they put their religion before most other things, and the discussion had some very interesting points. Overall, it went very well. Towards the end, they wanted to know our opinions (especially whether love or religion comes first), and surprisingly all three of us a different opinions.
This pic is of the classroom from the students point of view. As you can see, I was surprised to see was was considered a classroom, as I was expecting something more Western.

No comments:
Post a Comment