As for my frocking ceremony, I was frocked by a 1 star Admiral, which is pretty big. He slipped me a command coin as well when shaking my hand, and it's a pretty nice coin. Not too many people get a command coin that actually states that it was presented by a 1 star, which is pretty significant. Also, as the Command Master Chief was congratulating me, I told him, "Steelers Rule" and he was like, "Absolutely" and laughed. He wasn't expecting that I knew he was a Steelers fan, so it was pretty funny.
Monday, June 1, 2009
Frocking Ceremony
I apologize for the lack of entries to date, but now the internet is up (knock on wood) so you should expect to see more. Also, I'm still working on on the photos, so please bear with me. Last Sunday (we work 5 1/2 days/week), I went back to downtown Djibouti to procure some great pics, so I promise that they're coming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great picture man! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteHi Zach! Great Job and congratulations on your frocking. I enjoy reading your posts - need more descriptive dialogue on the topography/geography to fill out the picture. We're counting the days for your return and pray for your safety and well-being.
ReplyDeleteLove from the in-laws!
Thanks Kevin & Mother-In-Law. As for being more descriptive part, I have pics coming. Thanks for the prayers as well.
ReplyDeletelooking good in the neighborhood
ReplyDeleteThanks Pops!
ReplyDelete