Saturday, June 20, 2009

New Job

Well, as I'm sure that you have all heard, I don't do hardly anything ALL DAY while on Camp Lemonier. Seriously, we sit around, swapping digital versions of movies, tv series, and music, read magazines, etc. while maybe training on operating a radio for a half an hour a week. It's ridiculously boring. I've had a photo taken to give you a good representation of how I roll in the shop.



Here's a shot of my desk, which I just kinda made mine, so that I could set up my MacBook in an attempt to continue my creativity.

This is the other side of our shop!

And the side opposite the pic above (note the hard work going on).


Now to get to the topic of the post, my new job. At the beginning of last week, I was informed that I was moving from radio operator to AIS, which is like a side job, but should still take up plenty of time. With this new job (and me keeping Operational Security in tact), I will get the opportunity to travel to several countries here in Africa anywhere form 1 to 3 weeks a trip, instead of just one country for 3 months. I will also not be allowed to wear my uniform, which means that I will be working in civilian clothes all day, every day. This is because I will be considered a foreign dignitary, and yes, my team and I will be meeting with VERY high up foreign military officials, briefing them on what our mission is while there. In other words, this is one of the highest visibility jobs here in Africa, and it is exactly why we are here. Without too many details, I will be involved with installing a particular system and training the operators on it's operation. This is pretty cool, because I will get to see a lot more of Africa, and it should also break up the monotony of the pics above.

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that on some of these trips, I will unfortunately have to stay in 5 star resorts. God is GOOOOOOOD!


No comments:

Post a Comment