But that is not what I'd like to blog about today. Today is by far the greatest day in my life. Today, my son, Caleb Declan Price was born. Weighing in at 8 lbs 6 oz, stretching out at 21.5", rocking a pointy head topped with a little bit of hair, and arriving at 5:45am, he has finally blessed us with his presence. This is truly the greatest day of my life, as Jeannie and I will now be venturing into the unknown, only with the advice of close friends and family to guide us.
Jeannie and Caleb both came out at 100% after the birth. What is truly great about today is how God allowed the timing to be impeccable. I landed in Djibouti around noon (after my 2 week mission), and was able to call Jeannie's delivery room directly via DSN. This is great because I was able to sit in my shop and call as I desired, without the need of a calling card because she was on an Chairforce base. At first, I was calling every hour, but that didn't last long, as she hit 10 cm within the first two. After that, I was calling every 15 minutes until the Dr. advised to cll every 10. I was also washing my laundry at the time, so between one of the calls, I went to get my clothes out of the dryer and fold them. This stretched the wait between calls to 20 minutes, but I swear it was for a reason, because when I called back, I was able to talk to Jeanie's Mom for a few minutes, and then the head started to appear. Shortly after that, the phone was put on Jeannie's pillow, next to her head, and I was able to listen in on the miracle of childbirth. Despite the crappy situation the military has me in, I was still able to make the best of it, as I was there to hear my son come into the world. It was truly an amazing day in my life, and I still recollect today's events to try and comprehend what my life has now become.
I am truly thankful that I was able to be back in Djibouti, where I had the capability to call and not have a phone time limit, and that the timing worked out to where I was able to hear my son come into the world. Today is simply the best day ever, and I am truly excited to get home to meet my boy.
Thanks to all of you for the support, and I will post the pics of Caleb as soon as I get them. I've only got 58 days left here, and then it's back to my life as I don't know it, lol!

Congratulations man!!! Great news! Can't wait to see what God teaches you as you learn to love and care for that son of yours!
ReplyDeleteThanks Rev! I can't wait either, I guess the questions will start piling up exponentially!
ReplyDelete